What To Expect When You Contact Us
• Normally we answer the phone directly with no menus to step through. On occasion you may encounter voicemail if we are busy. We return all calls as soon as practical. Please be sure to suggest a best time to call you back, and do tell us your phone number.
• If you e-mail us, please suggest a time for a phone conversation. Including your phone number helps, of course.
• Conversations with our consulting staff are usually free of charge. We do not normally bill for phone support, travel time, parking or any such ordinary business expense. We’re different from lawyers that way.
• If you want us to build a database from scratch, the cost varies depending on your needs. Simple databases for small businesses generally run in the $3-5000 range. Larger, more ambitious projects can be much more. Let’s have a conversation about it.
Our consulting rates range from $50-$120/hour. Your general circumstances decide the rate. What kind of organization you are and what level of customization or maintenance your require are big determining factors.
• Like we said, we never bill you for time spent to explore your software options. Whenever the billing clock starts, you will know (we will tell you explicitly) and the project will not move forward without your consent.
• We do not normally charge for brief phone support.
• We do not normally charge for travel within the Denver metro area. Outside the area, we need to agree in advance how expenses will be handled. We are very reasonable about travel time and expense billing.
• If we are building you a new database from scratch, we will not charge you for the information analysis, the data model, the business procedure review or for a reasonable amount of training on the new software.
• We do not charge for fixing bugs in our deliverables.
• We recycle our own software! Here is how it affects your bottom line: If you are an existing client, we will use existing software pieces already developed. This cuts down on our cost of construction. We pass this on to you. This reduces your project cost.
We offer you total ownership of the software we customize for you. This means you own the software we build for you. (If this means nothing to you, contact us. We will explain why this is important.)
We generally warrant our work to be free from defects of construction. Very often our software has to be embedded with other software over which we have no control. We therefore offer a variety of warranties on our work. It depends on the circumstances of your project. Let us discuss this when we understand your specific needs a little better.
If you send us a referral that leads to actual billable work, we will pay you a commission for it. Call us for details.